What is Queer Climbing?
Queer Climbing is a community group supported by Redpoint and Flashpoint Bristol.
It is run by a group of climbers who want to make climbing more accessible to people in the LGBTQ+ community.
The group meet up regularly to provide a friendly, welcoming community space where everyone can climb together and express themselves freely.
Everyone is welcome no matter what your climbing experience! There isn’t any fitness or strength criteria – all levels are welcome, even complete novices!
Want to join us?
Come by and say hi! We’re at:
- Redpoint Bristol on the 3rd Wednesday of the month
- Flashpoint Bristol on the 1st Wednesday of the month
Outside of this we hope that people will also use the session as a social hub to look for climbing buddies, make new friends and plan fun adventures.
Flashpoint & Redpoint are supporting the group in part by offering a great deal for “First Time” climbers: £10 for Entry, Annual Registration and Shoe Hire for one month!
How to book
- Treat people with kindness
- Use people’s chosen pronouns, and respect that people make mistakes
- Respect how people present themselves
- If you want to be in a queer space and you want to climb, then this space is for you
- We each have a right to privacy about anything in our lives