Vision & Mission Statement
“Growth through Community and Challenge”
This statement is the vision of all companies in the Flashpoint Group*. It guides our decisions and the direction of the companies.
We aim to help the personal growth of our customers and the team. We do this by providing support and controlled challenges that help our community grow no matter what their circumstances or current experience.
We believe in the value of developing a “growth mindset” and do what we can to foster this in our team and community as a whole. Creating resilience by valuing effort and learning over short term outcomes.
Climbing walls are natural community centres. The activity is mostly non-competitive and the experience is similar at all levels so a beginner can be struggling on a V1 next to a pro having the same struggle on a V10. Their shared experience makes talking and creating friendships easy.
Activity centres are places where families often come together to share a day out with friends, or parents may come and relax while their children are participating in the activity. As spectators are watching in the same space this gives us an opportunity to socialise and develop friendships with other local families.
We promote community spirit in the events we run, the policies we implement and the welcoming environment we foster.
Sports and activities that have an element of risk management (such as climbing, trampolining and soft play) help us to develop control of our minds, our emotions and bodies.
These challenges can be done alone or with the support of friends, family or coaches further developing trust and confidence.
Our coaches are trained to develop Growth Mindsets in those we teach, empowering them to see failures as stepping stones on a path of continuous improvement.
We develop policies that empower our teams to grow personally and professionally regardless of their passions and direction.
We will achieve this vision by:
- Creating facilities where our customers can challenge themselves in activities that have an element of controlled risk.
- Turning customers into communities by ensuring a friendly, welcoming and professional environment.
- Providing pathways for customers to develop through our activities.
- Providing excellent coaching with a focus on developing a “growth mindset” and the athlete as a whole, not just their physical strength.
- Supporting local community groups and projects.
- Running events that include all customers regardless of their current climbing level.
- Developing a “staff retention scheme” that provides pathways and professional development to all employees.