Our coaches are always on the lookout for young people with the dedication, enthusiasm and skills to push their climbing to the highest levels. When we think we have found them we invite them to join our advanced coaching Academy team.
In our Academy sessions we move away from the safety skills, as these should already be established and focus on movement coaching, strength and conditioning and the mindset and tactics of climbing at your limit. We also encourage our academy to attend another instructed session or climb independently once a week.
If you’re new to Bristol or currently don’t attend Redpoint instructed sessions, we would welcome you to contact our Chief Instructor to discuss joining our Academy.
We operate a waiting list when our current groups are full and are happy to start additional sessions when we get enough participants or slot you into an existing session if a space becomes available.
Ratio: 1:6 (1:8 for groups who are ‘signed off’ for independent climbing)
Ages: 7 – 17 years old (split by age or ability)
Duration: 2 hour
Cost: £17.50 per session (term booked)
For our Academy members who are interested in competing we also run a competition squad.
Our Squad will be assessed on their climbing strengths and weaknesses so we can produce a bespoke training plan for each individual to develop their skills. There will be a focus on the YCS competitions as well as other local competitions and attendance will be encouraged.
The Competition Squad will be invite only but if you’re interested in joining please contact our Chief Instructor and we can discuss any options available.
Included in our Competition Squad:
- Free monthly membership for a parent and free entry to all our climbing walls (Redpoint Bristol, Flashpoint Bristol & Flashpoint Swindon).
- Regular assessments (tailored for under 18s but using the same. protocol used in our Lattice Assessment for adults).
- 16 hours + coaching per month between Redpoint & Flashpoint (2 x 2 hour session per week).
- Unlimited contact with our coaching team (via email).
- Periodic boulder sessions at Flashpoint Bristol.
- Coaching at competitions.
Ages: 7 – 17 years old
Cost: £200 per month (this will replace the Academy cost)